Zum Inhalt springen

Empfohlene Beiträge

There was something about the way that static crackling in the atmosphere made it entirely come rushing back to me.

Beneath a swirl of roiling storm clouds, an intense pressure built, unbearable, like air being sucked out of lungs.

Standing on an arc of stone bridge spanning the river, hard pain hammers fissures from skull to pubic bone.

Adrenaline vibrating along nerve strands, drumming in ears, pulling me into vertigos vortex.

And then...sure, I kept going, kept doing, kept trying to outrun the fates.  Till I realized, countless shards, like shattered glass are stuck and continue to cut my soul.

Sweat seeps from pores, cupped hands are shaking, still glued to them this dark box of despair I've been carrying so long now.

So exhausted of dragging all the collected anguish, shame, suffering and torment decades protracted.

I never thought of an ending, in a blink of an eye hurt seizes my heart and hurls it down the canyon.

Here, floating in the watery skin 

I am the secret the river keeps within 

In it's blackened doorway I sleep 

Tears of joy and sadness I weep 

And now I do not yearn this foolish quick bitter-sweet eternal release 

I should have learned better how to make peace 

One final time I look up and catch the last poured gold in my eyecup 

As the sunset fractures, reddish orange scatters 

Painting the canyons bottom craggy cliffs 

Searing them with hieroglyphs 

Stories and tales of caution, an explosion of delight 

I kiss the winged memory I hold, setting it free to fly, while I sink deep into night 

©Donna H.

May 25, 2033

• Gefällt mir 2
  • wow... 1
  • Antworten 0
  • Erstellt
  • Letzter Kommentar

aktivste Mitglieder in diesem Thema

Beliebte Tage

Du möchtest dich an der Unterhaltung beteiligen?

Du kannst direkt mit in die Diskussion einsteigen und einen Beitrag schreiben. Anschließend kannst du ein eigenes Autoren-Konto erstellen. Wenn du schon ein Autoren-Konto hast, Logge dich ein um mit deinem Konto an der Diskussion teilzunehmen.

Gast
Schreibe hier deinen Kommentar ...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung wiederherstellen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Community-Regeln
Datenschutzerklärung
Nutzungsbedingungen
Wir haben Cookies auf deinem Gerät platziert, um die Bedienung dieser Website zu verbessern. Du kannst deine Cookie-Einstellungen anpassen, andernfalls gehen wir davon aus, dass du damit einverstanden bist.